Terms and Conditions
GAZELLE ADVENTURES RESERVATION AND BOOKINGS TERMS & CONDITIONS
Clients should read, understand and accept these Terms and Conditions before they book and pay for a any tour, which enters them into a contract with Gazelle Adventures Ltd.
- 1. Clients bookings are accepted on the understanding that the clients appreciate the possible risks inherent in travel, and in particular adventurous activities such as trekking, climbing, walking safaris, game driving and diving.
- 2. Bookings can only be accepted for persons under eighteen years of age when accompanied by an adult who will be responsible for them. There are some activities that children cannot participate in, please check with our agent.
- 3. In the unlikely event of accommodation not being available on arrival at a hotel/campsite described and/or confirmed to the clients, Gazelle Adventures undertakes to provide alternative accommodation in a hotel/campsite of categories at least as high as those contracted, if available. The client may be asked to pay the difference if there is an upgrade involved. Gazelle Adventures will not be held accountable, unless the problem is actually a result of their failure to book the accommodation/activity effectively.
- 4. Problems arising during your trip must be reposted back to Our office in Moshi or the Gazelle Adventures agent immediately in order for Gazelle Adventures to take action and resolve the issues as quickly as possible. Claims regarding issues that were not reported thus giving Gazelle Adventures a fair chance to rectify them, will not be entertained.
- 5. Gazelle Adventures will deal with legitimate complaints post trip, any evidence that you are able to gather at the time will be valuable, especially photographs. Bear in mind that when determining whether a refund is due, Gazelle Adventures has to negotiate with the supplier (eg, hotel) in question. Any acceptance of problems/responsibility you get from a service supplier (eg, hotel manager) should be reported back to Gazelle Adventures (possibly a written statement) will speed up the compensation process.
- 6. Compensation payments do not apply to changes caused by reasons of accidents, war, riots, civic strike, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural disasters, fire, closure of an airport or port, adverse weather conditions and similar events beyond our control. In case of such an event Gazelle Adventures will have no liability. In regards to Liability Release and Assumption of Risk; the client must acknowledge that they have voluntarily agreed to participate in the trip designated on the Reservations & Booking. In so doing the client subjects that they may be subjecting themselves to dangers and hazards, which could result in illness, injury or death. The client also acknowledges that there are inherent dangers which may arise at anytime during the trip. The client specifically familiar with and accept the risk of these dangers, accidents and hazards inherent in partaking in their trip and are aware that medical services and facilities may not be available while participating in their trip. In order to partake in the enjoyment and excitement of this travel trip, The client is willing to accept the risks and uncertainties involved as being an integral part of their tour.
- 7. Alteration of a confirmed booking prior to arrival: If you have booked your trip and then decide to make changes to that trip your agent will assist you. We reserve the right to charge for the additional administration.
- 8. Alteration to a confirmed booking whilst abroad: We regret that no credit or refund is possible for any unused services provided in the cost of your holiday. If you decide to alter your travel arrangements whilst abroad, this is your own responsibility and Gazelle Adventures are not responsible for any extras or difficulties that may arise with onward travel as a result of such alterations.
- 9. Adventure holidays. Please note that for clients undertaking a trekking itinerary we offer first class guides, porters and provide safety equipment where needed. We are not responsible for guides and rangers provided by TANAPA or similar authorities. If you are obliged to abandon an activity due to your own physical limitations there is no refund of park fees and any additional accommodation and/or transport fees are not the responsibility of Gazelle Adventures. You may be asked to sign a Disclaimer Form prior to participation in certain activities.
- 10. Airport, International and domestic flight delays. In the unlikely event of a delay, arrangements for meals, overnight accommodation etc, should be met by your airline. If you are joining a group and flight delays mean that additional transfers etc. are required to enable you to join the group, these costs must be met by you the client and should later be reclaimed under your insurance policy if applicable.
- 11. Our quoted prices are based on current exchange rates and on-the-ground prices. The price of a tour may vary at any time before Gazelle Adventures have accepted a booking from you, and they may be varied after your booking is made. Should the variation be in excess of 10% of the holiday cost the client will have the right to a refund of all monies paid.
- 12. Bookings must be accompanied by a 30% deposit. The complete balance is due no later than eight weeks prior to the starting date of your tour. If the booking is made within this time then the full amount should be paid with the booking. If the balance due is not received by the due date we reserve the right to treat the booking as cancelled. Appropriate cancellation charges may be levied. Late bookings are accepted at the Director's discretion. Gazelle Adventures is not responsible for lost accommodation/activity bookings if this is due to a delay in receiving a payment from you.
- 13. Cancellation should be made in writing (email is acceptable). The deposit is non-refundable and a cancellation will also incur the following charges:-
More than 56 days before start date – 30% deposit.
29 to 56 days before start date - 50%
15 to 28 days before start date - 75%
14 days or less - total cost of tour.
- 14. Gazelle Adventures is not responsible for any travel insurance. All clients must take out their own adequate travel insurance and supply the details to Gazelle Adventures who will keep them on file, in order that they can assist with any emergency. The original documents should be carried by the client at all times during their holiday. The insurance must take into account the nature of the holiday and client must specify to their insurance company if they intend climbing, trekking, diving, safari etc. The policy should also have repatriation cover in the event of serious accident.
- 15. Clients are responsible for obtaining passports, visas, health certificates, international driving permits and any other documents relating to their holiday themselves and to meet any additional costs which may be incurred as a result of failure to comply with such requirements.
- 16. Our holidays are planned many months in advance, it is therefore possible that some arrangements may have to be changed and we reserve the right to at any time.
- 17. TRUST. Normally payments are made to our Tanzanian company bank account and kept until your safari is completed. All monies paid will be held in our company bank account, until your tour is complete.
- 18. Major Credit Cards are accepted with a small surcharge to cover their administration fee.